Wednesday 24 April 2013

Out of my Hands

It's a strange feeling when you know that, although you can't see it happening, there are things afoot in the background. When you have created something and sent it out into the world, although you can no longer see it, things are happening to it, people are talking about it.

I guess it's like when your children are grown up and leave home, they have an existence of their own, they are touching others, influencing others, probably annoying or upsetting others. They are making their mark on the world; for good or bad, they are making an impression.

And that is what is happening with my book, I guess. I see people are buying it and reviewing it. Perhaps telling their friends about it. They might like it or hate it. However they see it or were affected by it, my book is out there making its way in the big wide world without me to show it the way. It's out of my hands now... I've lost control. What a concept!

www.emilypattullo.com

1 comment:

  1. This was an eye opening novel and introduced me to a sad, dangerous and despairing world that I did not know existed. The novel is very well written which, along with it's storyline, adds to the compulsive nature of the read. I would recommend this book to older teenagers as the issues raised and images wrought need careful handling. A great first novel written with insight and sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete